Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Welcome to Legal Tender Farm

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Barn Beautification

In my quest for fancying up the farm, I enlisted Jordan and his fine wood working talents again for my barn beautification project.  When the idea of putting shutters on the barn first began to blossom in my brain, I was thinking pretty small.  Like, I would nail a few boards together to resemble rustic shutters and then attach them around the windows.  It seemed pretty simple to me, but still a pipe dream.  The best I could hope for was for Tom to feel sorry for me and my feeble efforts, step in and take over.  Even then, we'd not have accomplished this kind of finery.

But, that was before the nephew.
Using more planks from the cedar trees that he milled, Jordan built these beautiful barn shutters.
Sooo much better than I originally planned.

Unfortunately, the trailer parked on the side of the barn hides almost all the windows.  The ones that are not blocked have these ugly (but very useful) window air conditioning units.

One of these days, the trailer will be moved and that little tree will be a big beautiful shade tree.

1 comment:

Meagan Claire said...

I can't believe you're letting Jordan go!